IAW Monitor FULL - Cosworth Diagnostic Monitor System - Weber
We at Motorsport Developments are now the sole UK distributor of the fantastic IAW monitor products. The IAW Monitor is a very powerful serial data stream tool.
It can read, interpret, log and even scope all the data available through the factory provided diagnostic interface on ALL Weber Marelli IAW L8 & P8 series ECU’s that are equipped with software allowing data Stream output (such as Pectel amongst others).
In most Ford Cosworth ECU’s, you will be using a Pectel or similar derivative of the serial data communications protocol, and if you are not, your chip can be modified to provide it without touching your original engines maps. Please be aware that normal Weber software does NOT provide this output as standard and the P8 needs an internal modification to allow the output from the software to work.
The parameters that you can read, datalog and scope are individually adjustable as is the sampling rate it can be recoded and displayed at. Available data logging time depends only upon the amount of free hard disk space available.
The data read can be shown in either a numerical display, a scope display, both, or as an "analogue" dash type display.
- You can define which parameters are to be read and how frequently they should be sampled (in ms)
- Select the parameters to be logged (IE Just RPM and Boost if you wish)
- Open log files from text editor or spreadsheet program like MS Excel for analysis back at home after a long motorway run perhaps?
- Observe the behaviour and relation between parameters on live oscilloscope type display
- Colours, line thicknesses and scaling factors are all fully configurable
- Look at the parameters in real time through a fully configurable analogue dashboard type display
- You can set where for example the red line starts on RPM gauge, as well as borders on any other gauge present on the dash.
A few of the options shown in the pictures will not work under Pectel serial communications, but all the important ones do such as:
- ECU error codes
- RPM (TDC Sensor)
- Coolant temp
- Air charge temp
- Map sensor
- Throttle position sensor
- ECU input voltage
- CO trimmer
- Injector pulse width in MS
- Spark advance figure in degrees
Any additional features apparent in the screen shots are to be disregarded as they are not available to normal Weber L8 & P8 owners using the Pectel or similar data output. These extra features are present as this software is also used with RP labs own mappable ECU.
As part of the software security process, we must deliver the product itself to you by e-mail after a security mail has been filled out.
This product is delivered with a USB cable with a built in serial - USB converter. Your PC MUST have a USB socket for this product to work.
If you have any queries at all about this product, or the suitability of your ECU software to communicate with this product, feel free to call us on 01253 508400 to discuss your requirements and suitability with an expert.